|Shredded Chicken Tacos made with the Crockpot Fajita recipe|
This one is courtesy of my sister. She makes this wonderful chicken fajita recipe, which is great over lettuce, rice, on tortillas, or wrapped as a burrito. It’s pretty versatile, and is made in a crockpot … not to mention ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY delicious!
Take 5 minutes to drop everything into a crock pot, turn it on and in 4 hours VOILA … chicken fajitas that taste like you bought them in a restaurant! Each recipe makes 6-8 servings. I tend to make a batch and munch on it for days. You can’t beat it as leftovers :O)
1- 16 oz. jar Chunky Salsa in either mild, medium or hot (your choice of kick)
1- 12 oz. can Cream of Chicken soup (low sodium)
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – I buy the all-natural, grain fed chicken breasts*
1. Mix together the salsa and cream of chicken soup (do not add water) in the crock pot. Once mixed drop in the whole chicken breasts and turn it onto LOW for 6 hours, or HIGH for 4.
2. Once cooked, take out the chicken breasts one at a time, and shred the breast meat using two forks.
3. Mix shredded chicken and sauce together. Let sit for 10 minutes to cook slightly before serving.
4. Serve with avocado slices, extra salsa, cheese, Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), tomatoes, onions, jalepenos or any other toppings and sides you enjoy with your fajitas.
* This recipe is also delicious with tilapia, shrimp, blue crab meat, or turkey. It is made the same exact way. Simply replace 1 lb. of chicken with 1 lb. of any shell fish or flaky white fish you prefer.