I have tried this one a few times. I have to say for those times when I feel like I’ve over done the carbs, this is one where I feel like I’m indulging. I’m really not, but it sure feels like that. It’s crazy to me sometimes how similar some of our foods are. Who knows why spaghetti squash is the way it is. I’m just grateful for the opportunity to enjoy a vegan spaghetti whenever I’d like – regardless of whatever else I’ve been enjoying that day 🙂
1-28 oz. Can Peeled, Whole Tomatoes
1 Medium Spaghetti Squash, cut in half lengthwise
1 Garlic Clove, minced
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1/2 Stick of Butter, cut into Squares
1/2 C Fresh Herbs, Chopped (Chives, Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary & Basil)
1/4 C Grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Puree tomatoes using a food processor. Mix in garlic, butter, herbs and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake tomato mixture in an oven safe dish for about 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise. Spray or brush the insides with EVOO and place on a tray face down. If it’s too hard to cut, microwave it for about 5 minutes so it’s just soft enough to cut.
- Bake in same oven as tomato mixture for 30 minutes.
- After both are done cooking, use a fork or helping hands meat shredders to shred the spaghetti squash.
- Toss in tomato sauce.