If you haven’t figured it out by now, I absolutely LOVE easy recipes! This one is as easy as pancakes can get. I’m also like many of us in that I am absolutely obsessed with pumpkin spice muffins, cookies and cakes. Which I’ve mentioned before. This is one of my favs to surprise my friends and family with first thing in the morning. It tastes like I’ve spent a ton of time mixing up ingredients for this gourmet recipe, in reality, there are 3 ingredients!
I use the Krusteax Honey Wheat Pancake mix. For two reasons, one it asks you only to add water, and two usually on sale. Not a shabby choice for a healthier product.
Recipe for 6 to 7 pancakes:
1 1/4 C Pancake Mix
1/2 C Pureed Pumpkin
1 TBSP Pumpkin Spice Mix or 1/4 tsp each: nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients. Add drops of water if the mixture is way too thick.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat, spray surface with butter spray or olive oil spray between each pancake.
- Once skillet/griddle is hot spray the surface with a butter spray, and drop pancakes onto the surface.
- Cook until the bubbles around the edges start to subside flip the pancakes and cook the other side until pancakes are cooked through.
- Top with organic maple syrup or whipped cream. You can also sprinkle cinnamon, powdered sugar, nutmeg, raisins, banana pieces, chocolate chips or shaved chocolate pieces.