Grilled cheese, artichokes, spinach, and tomatoes … yep, that spells heaven to me. All that would be needed is a veggie soup, sometime along the same lines as our Veggie Bisque ;o)
There’s really not much you can say about grilled cheese, no matter what you put into it … it’s just delicious!
1 bunch Fresh Spinach, chopped
1 – 6 oz. jar Artichoke Hearts, chopped & drained
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
2 TBSP Sour Cream
1 C Shredded Italian Mixed Cheese
4 Slices of Whole Grain Bread
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat to saute garlic and spinach in 1 TBSP EVOO.
- Add artichoke heart pieces, and saute for another minute or so. Once heated through drain off any excess liquid.
- Mix in sour cream, and cheeses.
- Heat a griddle, skillet, or an electric panini maker to medium-high heat.
- Spray EVOO to coat the griddle, and place 2 slices of bread on the griddle.
- Top each piece with cheese mixture. Top with the leftover slices of bread.
- Once the bottom slice is toasty and brown, flip and cook until the other slice is also toasty and brown; and the cheese has melted. Approximately 5 minutes on each side.