Are you a cookie fanatic like I am? If so, check this goodie out. This explanation is going to be short. The best explanation for this one is to simply try it. It’ll take you only a few moments to put all the ingredients together, and after they bake up you will enjoy them for almost a week. If you can stand to spread them out that long ;o)
This is one of my cures to enjoying cookies all the time. For those wondering, the oatmeal has protein, as does the peanut butter. The dried cranberries/raisins are your fruit. Essentially, you have a complete snack or meal in this recipe!
As it happens, December 3rd is National Cookie Day … 3 guesses what I made ;o)
2 C Steel Cut Oatmeal
1/4 C Carob Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 C Dried Cranberries or Raisins
1/2 C Chopped Almonds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas into oatmeal.
- Top with carob chips, dried cranberries, and if you choose to include it chopped almonds.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until browned.
- Let cool on a rack and store in a Tupperware-style container for up to 5 days.