Are you looking for a healthy recipe, that doesn’t taste healthy? This is just one of many. A German twist on an American traditional dish. This was a bit of an experiment for me. I took two recipes and combined them. It turned out AMAZING! I’m not usually a fan of the flavor of pork, but this is one I can’t resist making with the man in my life is craving pork.
1 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until bacon starts to brown.
- Stir in chopped onion, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauerkraut, water, bouillon cube, salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops in your crock pot and pour the mixture over the chops. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.