I found a recipe online and modified it to make it a bit healthier. As far as taste, this is as close as it comes to the flavor of my original love interest … it truly tastes exactly like that first bite. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do … after all we do need to fill our 20% treat times with something delicious ;o)
1 – 16 oz. can Pumpkin Puree
1/2 C Applesauce
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 stick Butter (softened)
1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, spices, and baking powder.
- Whip together the butter and applesauce until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla into the batter mixture. Stir until combined.
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Dough will be quite sticky.
- Scoop the dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet using a small scooper so the cookies start out as small balls. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 20-30 minutes.