For those of you who enjoy pork chops, I was asked to put some recipes up that specifically use pork chops. For some reason it’s just not something I head toward when I am trying to decide what to eat for a meal. It is a lean meat option, and can be made delicious as well as healthy. This gives you one suggestion beyond your typical usual pork chop recipe ;o)
4 boneless pork chops
Salt and pepper to taste
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bottle of beer – I use Newcastle. There is something about Newcastle and meats – it really brings out the best flavors!
2 TBSP Maple Syrup
1/3 C Homemade Ketchup (recipe below) or Organic/All Natural Ketchup
- Mix up the beer, maple syrup, and ketchup.
- Marinate pork chops in half the mixture for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat up a medium skillet, brown both sides of the pork chops in the EVOO.
- Once chops are browned on both sides (approximately 3-4 minutes) pour the remainder of the marinade over the pork chops and simmer on low for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and thicken the sauce a bit by whisking in 1 TBSP of cornstarch mixed into 1/4 C water.
- Once sauce is to your thickness liking, place the chops back in to coat and let sit for 10 minutes.
This recipe is absolutely delicious over brown rice, quinoa, couscous and orzo. The sauce is also delicious served with sauteed mushrooms, bell peppers and onions.