When its thundering and lightening, what’s a girl to do — why, make a vegan version of one of my go-to breakfast dishes! This is a recipe I’ve been dying to transform for a while, just to see what it turns out like. Turns out, it tastes exactly the same – and has a texture similar to that of a fudgy brownie. Not too shabby for a non-vegan to COMPLETE vegan dish!
It takes about 5 minutes to mix everything together, and cooks for 20-25 minutes. It’s the perfect dish to make and have leftovers available for at least a week or so.
Pumpkin – $1.29
Coconut Flakes – $3.00
Almond Flour – $2.50
Ground Flaxseed – $1.50
Raisins – $2.00
TOTAL: $10.29 – 12 bars = $0.85 per serving.
1/2 C Coconut Flakes
1/2 C Almond Flour
1/4 C Ground Flaxseed
16 oz. Pumpkin, mashed
1 C Raisins
1/4 C EVOO
1/4 C Honey
2 TBSP Savory Spice Shop‘s Pumpkin Pie Spice Mixture (nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix together all wet ingredients, except pumpkin in a separate bowl. Once combined, add to dry ingredients bowl.
4. Add pumpkin, then raisins.
5. Coat non-stick pan with 1 tsp EVOO. Drop in pumpkin and spread evenly throughout the pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is a toasty brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.