You all know how much I just ***love*** mushrooms, well I had a request. So I made these for a friend, and for purposes of this blog. My passion is sharing a number of different recipes, even if it’s not something I like. So here you go – stuffed portobello mushrooms! Each mushroom has a full day’s serving of veggies, and mixed greens. From what I have been told these are “amazing” and will “melt in your mouth.” I’m not quite sure how mushrooms melt, but I’ll take the complement and share with you the recipe 🙂
4 Portobello’s – $2.00
Bunch of Kale – $0.79
Bunch of Spinach – $0.89
Organic Dijon Mustard – $1.99 (on sale)
Garlic – $0.25
Shredded Carrots – $1.29
TOTAL: $7.21 – 4 servings = $1.80 per serving
4 Portobello (with stem cut out)
1 Bunch Kale – chopped into bite sized pieces
1 Bunch Spinach – chopped into bite sized pieces
2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 – 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 C Shredded Carrots
2 TBSP EVOO
1. Preheat over to 425 degrees.
2. Saute kale and spinach in EVOO, until limp and fragrant.
3. Add garlic for last few minutes of saute.
4. Remove from heat and mix in dijon mustard and carrots.
5. Top each mushroom cap with mixture.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
Calories: 170 calories per mushroom cap