Veggie alert! This is a fabulous recipe for anyone whose looking for a completely vegan delight. A little warning, the more broccoli you put on your pizza, the more sulfur you’re including. All that means is that if you are not used to a regular serving of vegetables, it could be quite interesting about an hour after you eat ;o)
Warning notwithstanding, this is really a delishious alternative to one of our traditioal favorites. A cauliflower crust means that you need to use a fork. It makes for an almost “mashed potato” texture when you’re eating — in other words DELICIOUS!!!
Cauliflower – $1.00
Broccolli – $1.00
Fresh Basil bunch – $0.69
Sunflower Seeds – $1.29
Garlic – $0.25
TOTAL – $4.23 – 4 servings = $1.06
1 bag frozen Cauliflower
1/2 bag frozen Broccolli
1 bunch fresh Basil
2 TBSP Sunflower Seeds
1-2 Cloves Garlic
2 TBSP EVOO
1. Cook cauliflower in either steamer or boil till tender.
2. Puree or mash, place in a flat pie pan/dish and form into pizza crust.
3. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. While crust is baking, put basil, garlic, EVOO and sunflower seeds into food processor – chop to create pesto sauce.
5. Top cooked crust with pesto, then broccolli. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until broccolli is tender and ready to eat.