This takes a bit longer than 30 minutes, so it’s not something you’ll want to dive into during a hard work week. It’s just too delicious not to share with you guys! This recipe tastes like Pumpkin or Sweet Potato Pie in small bite size form. With the Almond Flour and Sweet Potato there is protein in this recipe – so you can eat it with simply a tad bit of EVOO. Join me in relishing the flavors and enjoying this meal :O)
Sweet Potato – $0.65
Almond Flour – $4.99
Egg – $0.99
Apple Pie Spice – $2.00
White Flour – $0.89
TOTAL: $9.52 – 3 servings: $3.17
1 Sweet Potato
2 C All-Purpose Flour
1/2 C Almond Flour
2 TBSP Apple Pie Spice
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Boil sweet potatoes until tender and soft; drain.
3. Place sweet potatoes, egg and spices into food processor and blend until pureed.
4. Add both almond and all-purpose flour a little at a time until it develops into a wet-like dough.
5. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Place 1/4 C flour on counter surface or cutting board and place dough on surface. Cut into strips and roll into thin logs (about 1/2″ diameter).
7. Cut into little bite size pieces.
8. Place in one layer on cookie sheets, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
9. Boil gnocchi in enough water that they are covered until it floats to the top (about 10 minutes).
10. Drizzle with 2 TBSP EVOO and serve.
Calories: 286 with EVOO drizzled over top of finished gnocchi.