I’m always looking for easier ways to make comfort foods like Pot Pie. This one was too easy not to try out — and in the end the verdict is that it is amazingly delicious; and a must do for the future. I’m going to tuck this one away for when it’s cold and rainy outside. It’s perfect!
Thinly Sliced Chicken Breasts – $3.55
3 Corn Stalks – $.50 (can you say: H.E.B. MEGA Sale!)
Carrot – $0.69
Onion – $0.68
Whole What Pancake Mix – $1.98
TOTAL: $6.90 – servings 6 = $1.15
1 TBSP EVOO
1 LB Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into pieces
1 Med Onion, chopped
1 C Carrots
1 C Corn
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat up a skillet, and stir fry the onions and chicken.
3. Mix together onions, chicken, carrots and corn.
4. Prepare pancake mix as described on the box.
5. Cover the bottom of a greased oblong pan with a layer of pancake mix.
6. Top with chicken mixture.
7. Add another layer of pancake mix.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until pancake mixture is completely cooked.