It’s fabulous to be able to grill burgers for all of my friends, regardless of their nutrition choices or needs. This recipe is easy to pull together and even easier to cook. Heat up that grill and let’s get started!
2 TBSP Mayo + 2 TBSP Native Texan BBQ Seasoning = Aioli Dressing
The flavor is spectacular in this recipe, you really only need 1 TBSP per burger. Anything more is overkill. I kept the video separate, because there are a number of uses for this recipe, like veggie dip (artichoke’s especially) or as a sandwich spread.
Kidney Beans $0.79
Carrot – $0.98
Bell Pepper – $0.50
White Onion – $0.69
Native Texan BBQ Seasoning from Savory Spice Shop – $1.85
Bread Crumbs – $1.98
Oats – $1.09
TOTAL: $7.88 for 8 servings = $0.99 per serving
1 – 16 oz. can Kidney Beans
1 Carrot, sliced or grated
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Medium sized Onion, Chopped
1 C Dried Bread Crumbs
1 C Oats
2 TBSP Native Texan BBQ Seasoning from the Savory Spice Shop
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cook kidney beans, onions, and peppers until softened. Drain and cool.
3. Combine all ingredients in food processor.
4. Add additional bread crumbs as necessary until mixture looks like dough, and is ready to make into burger patties.
4. Bake for 15 minutes then flip burgers and cook for an additional 15 minutes. If you would like them extra crispy on the outside, broil for 2 minutes each side on high.