I’m a huge fan of tater tots, so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. Of course I had to modify it for my tastes — still just as delicious, and tastes very much like tater tots. With easy preparation, and a healthy recipe, you really can’t go wrong!
Frozen Broccoli or Zucchini – $1.99
Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs – $1.09
Onion – $0.68
Eggs – $1.00
Parmesan Cheese – $1.25
TOTAL: $6.01 – 4 servings: $1.50 per serving
(adapted from the Curious Country Cook)
1 cups broccoli or zucchini, grated
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C Whole Wheat bread crumbs
2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and grease muffin tin.
2. Grate zucchini or broccoli and make sure there is no excess moisture.
3. In a bowl combine all ingredients.
4. Using a spoon, fill the muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned.