A little nutty flavoring added to some summer and fall vegetables – this is the perfect dinner choice. No need to add this dish to anything else. It is a fabulous choice for any vegetables you choose. I went for what was on sale: eggplant, zucchini and some okra.
If you’re trying to get some new ideas, this is an easy recipe to create. It takes only a few minutes to prepare, yet tastes like you spent hours slaving over the stove (and who doesn’t love that!!).
1 package frozen Okra – $2.19
1 Eggplant – $1.45
4 Zucchini $2.00
1 Lemon – $0.49
Tahini Paste – $3.99
TOTAL: 10.12 – servings = 8 at $1.27 per serving
1/2 package frozen Okra
1 Eggplant, cut into bite size pieces
4 Zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
4 TBSP EVOO
1 Lemon, juiced
1/4 C Tahini Paste with Oil
2 TBSP Water
1 TBSP Soy or Worcester Sauce
1 TBSP Garlic Power or 1 Garlic Clove
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Mix vegetables together with EVOO, and spread out on cookie sheet in one layer.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Prepare Wild Rice, as instructed on package.
4. Mix together all ingredients for Tahini Sauce.
5. Combine all ingredients together.