What a wonderful and easy way to create a healthy pasta dish. The protein in this dish comes from the pasta and the spinach. Combine these healthy tidbit with an easy marinara sauce and a bit of low fat, flavored Swiss cheese … YUM YUM YUM!!
Whole Grain Pasta – $2.19
Tomato Paste – $0.69
Fresh Spinach – $0.79
Laughing Cow Cheese – $2.99
Seasonings – in pantry
TOTAL: $6.67 – 3 servings = $2.22
1/2 box Whole Grain Pasta
1 Can Tomato Paste + 1 Can Water (Use Tomato Paste Can)
1 Bunch Fresh Spinach, chopped or torn into bite sized pieces
3 Wedges Laughing Cow Garlic Herb Cheese, cut into pieces
2 TBSP Italian Seasonings
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make pasta as directed on box of pasta.
3. In a separate pot, heat on low and mix together tomato paste, water, spinach, EVOO and Italian seasonings.
4. Mix in pasta, and put in oven safe dish.
5. Sprinkle Laughing Cow Cheese over top of pasta. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese just starts to melt.