Yes, you heard me correctly DONUTS! I was looking for a recipe that I could experiment with and modify using either cauliflower or almond flour. While searching, I came about www.roostblog.com. Coco is the blogger on this site, and she has some wonderful recipes on her blog, including this baked donuts recipe. If you have a chance go check out her recipes and her story. In the meantime, grab your almond flour, and honey and let’s make some donuts!
This recipe tastes like glazed old fashion donuts. Amazing flavor, with low calories, tons of protein, plus its high in monounsaturated fatty acids! YEAH!!!
Almond Flour -$4.99 per pound
Eggs – $0.99 for 6
Local Honey – $2.99
Skim Milk – $1.99
Spices – $1.00
Grapeseed Oil – $4.99
TOTAL: $16.95 – for 10 servings (or more) = $2.40. Everything I used I had on hand, so this recipe took me about 20 minutes, and cost me nothing out of pocket today.
1 1/4 C Almond Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 C oil of your choice
2 TBS Honey
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add to the flour mixture.
- Blend until batter is very smooth. You can do this by hand using a whisk, or with blender or mixer.
- Pour into greased donut molds or mini muffin pans, filling them 2/3 the way.
- Bake for 12 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE or they will be dry. Air on the caution of under baking!
Vanilla Honey Glaze:
4 TBSP Honey
1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
2 TSP Skim Milk
1. Heat a skillet on low, just enough to melt the honey and cause it to glaze over.
2. While mixing, add milk and vanilla.
3. Continue mixing with a small spoon until glaze is clear and glossy.
4. Dip donuts into glaze, place on cookie sheet and let dry.
Calories: 268 with 7.1 g of Protein!!