This is one of my go to dishes when I have a late work night. When I find a good deal on meat or fish and I have the extra money I will buy extra and separate each serving into individual ziplock bags. It makes it easy and quick to make a meal for one person, two or even 4. Pull out the servings of meat you need, season, marinate, whatever strikes your fancy in that moment. Cook it on up and let your mouth savor the flavor!
Chicken – $3.50 per pound (on hand)
Lite/Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese Stick – $0.32
Frozen Green Beans – $1.00 (on hand)
Lemon Juice – on hand
Vinegar & EVOO – on hand
Barilla Protein Pasta – on hand
TOTAL: $4.82 – 4 servings = $1.21
1/2 C either Whole Grain pasta or Barilla Protein Plus per person
1 thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast per person
1 C green beans
1 Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese Stick
1/4 C Lemon Juice
pepper and Italian seasonings
2 TBSP Vinegar
4 TBSP EVOO
1. Marinate chicken in lemon juice and Italian seasonings for 20 to 30 minutes
2. While the chicken is marinating: boil water. Add pasta, cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat up skillet, add chicken and cook until done (about 10-20 minutes for thin, sliced chicken breasts)
4. Remove chicken from skillet, turn off heat, add frozen green beans to pan to allow them to defrost.
5. Mix pasta, and veggies together.
6. Cut mozzarella stick into bite sized pieces, add to pasta
7. Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
8. Whisk together dressing ingredients, add to pasta and mix together to coat entire dish.