This meal can be made with a number of different seasonings, and fillers. I’ve seen crepes with spinach and artichokes with Parmesan in the crepe mixture. The versatility of crepes is amazing to me, and very intriguing. My favorite dinner is when I have time to play with the different ingredients in my fridge and pantry.
Enjoy playing with this recipe.
Almond Flour – $4.99 per pound – we used 1/2 C which is less than .25 lbs.
Eggs – $1.99
Vanilla or Almond Extract – $1.99
OR Local Honey – $2.99
Butter or EVOO for coating the pan
TOTAL: Max you’ll spend it $8.00 from scratch – with all of these ingredients bought fresh you can make 16 servings, maybe more of crepes. Which breaks this down to $0.50 per serving.
1/2 C Almond Flour
2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla or other flavored extract
pinch of salt
1 tsp EVOO or butter
1. Whisk eggs until completely combined in a medium sized bowl.
2. Beat in flour, honey, extract flavoring and salt until you get a thin batter.
3. Heat the EVOO or butter in a skillet over medium heat. I used a 10-inch pan.
4. Pour 1/4 C batter into skillet, cook for 1-2 minutes until top is slightly set then flip.
5. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes on the opposite side until done.
6. Place on a plate and top with whatever goodies you want to enjoy!
– Cinnamon and Nutmeg with fruit (as you see in the video)
– Chocolate crepes with whipped cream cheese and bananas, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries (this is a wonderful alternative to chocolate cake BTW)
– Parmesan , garlic and onion seasonings with spinach and artichoke with cream or marinara sauce
… Use your imagination, the choices are endless!
Crepes Calories: 145.6